As the harvest season unfolds, banana pudding evokes the comfort of cooler days and cozy evenings through its layers of ripe bananas, vanilla wafers, and creamy pudding. Whether it’s for your Thanksgiving feast, a leisurely Sunday afternoon, or a crisp evening by the fireplace, our Banana Gamma Pudding Recipe is guaranteed to bring you a sense of indulgence and joy. Follow the recipe below to make your own:
- 1 bundle of ripe bananas
- 1 box (11 oz) of vanilla wafers
- 2 and 3/4 cups of whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 can of whipped cream
- 1 bag of Banana Gamma Specialty Blasters
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 1/2 cups of whole milk and 1/2 cup of sugar. Heat over medium heat until it begins to steam, but do not let it boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, flour, egg yolks, and salt until well combined.
- Slowly pour the warm mixture from the saucepan into the separate bowl. Whisk it together constantly to avoid curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and place it back on the stove over medium heat.
- Whisk continuously (about 5-7 minutes), until the mixture thickens to the consistency of pudding.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and butter until fully incorporated. Set this mixture to the side and allow it to chill while you prepare the toppings.
- Slice your bananas and place them into a separate bowl.
- In a trifle dish or individual serving glasses, create layers by placing a few vanilla wafers on the bottom, followed by a layer of sliced bananas, and then a layer of pudding. Repeat the layers until you've used all the ingredients, finishing with a layer of pudding on top.
- Chill the banana pudding in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and the pudding to set.
- Before serving, decorate your pudding with a generous swirl of whipped cream.
- Serve chilled and garnish each glass with a Banana Gamma Blaster to take your dessert to the next level!