Last modified October, 2022
Kosmik Brands, LLC (“Company” or ”We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.kosmikbrands.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
1. On this Website.
2. In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
1. Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Kosmik Brands, LLC or any third party; or
2. Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Adults or Children Under the Age of 21
Our Website is not intended for users under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 21. If you are under 21, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 21 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 21, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
1. By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
2. That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as website cookies and tracking features; and/or
3. About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
1. Directly from you when you provide it to us.
2. Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
3. From various third party entities.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
2. Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
4. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
5. Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), including reviews of various products and services. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect When You Make a Purchase
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect Personal Information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
1. Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
2. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
1. Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
2. Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
3. Speed up your searches.
4. Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies)
Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Kosmik Brand's LLC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
1. To present our Website and its contents to you.To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
2. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
3. To provide you with notices about your account.
4. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
5. To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide
6.To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
7, To count and track referrals and ads.
8.To identify or authenticate your access and use of the Website.
9. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
10. For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
1. To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
2. To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including to fulfill purchase orders including making shipping arrangements, contacting consumers about backorders, returns or exchanges, processing payments, and/or assisting with billing and collection.
3. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Kosmik Brand's LLC assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Kosmik Brand's LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
4. To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
5. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
6. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
7. With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
1. To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
3. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kosmik Brand's LLC, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by using the link provided in the newsletter.
Promotional Offers from the Company.
If you do not wish to have your email address used by Us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”).
We have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months: We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
B. Personal Information Categories Listed In The California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(E)).
C. Protected Classification Characteristics Under California Or Federal Law.
D. Commercial Information.
E. Biometric Information.
F. Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity.
G. Geolocation Data.
H. Sensory Data.
I. Professional Or Employment-Related information.
J. Non-Public Education Information(Per The Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34C.F.R. Part 99)).K. Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information.
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
1. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information(including familial genetic information).
2. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
3. Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, face prints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
3. Browsing history, search history ,information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
4. Physical location or movements.
5. Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
6. Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
1. Directly from you when you provide it to us.
2. Automatically as you use the Websites. Automatically collected information may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
3. From third parties, such as our business partners.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, sell (as defined in the CCPA), or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
1. To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about products or services from one of our partners, we will provide the partner that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
2. To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
3. To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
4. To process your requests.
5.To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
6. To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
7. To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
8. For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
9. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
1. The categories of personal information we collected about you.
2. The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
3. Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
4. The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
5. The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
6. If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose:If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose:sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient
purchased; and disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories
that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete from our records any of the personal information that we collect and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Why We May Deny Your Request
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information.
2. Provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
3. Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
4. Fulfill any other purpose for which you provided it.
5. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
6. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
7. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
8. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
9. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
10. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
11. Comply with a legal obligation and any relevant laws, regulations, ordinances, rules, directives, or statutes.
Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
What We May Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
1. Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
2. Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
3. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
4. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90additional days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In RightsI
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following link.Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by emailing your request to email@example.com
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
1. Deny you goods or services.
2. Impose penalties.
3. Provide you a different level or quality of services.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Last modified October, 2022