Some people might recognize Memorial Day as a kick-off to summer with neighborhood pools opening and schoolwork ending, but it’s essential to recognize the true significance of this day. Memorial Day celebrations can be traced all the way back to the times of the American Civil War when it was first called Decoration Day. Decoration Day gained its popularity from 1861 to 1865, when communities would decorate the graves of fallen soldiers from the Civil War with flowers and flags. In 1971, President LBJ and Congress passed an Act to declare Memorial Day as a federal holiday. Today, Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May with parades, ceremonies, and programs in place to honor and remember those who have sacrificed their life to serve our country.
No items found.
Rocket Pop Pizza Recipe
Upon first glance, you might’ve gagged a little bit at the thought of Rocket Pop Pizza. Rest assured knowing we’re talking about a delicious Rocket Pop fruit pizza! Here's how you can make your own:
What You’ll Need:
- 2 bags of Rocket Pop gummies by Kosmik Brands
- 1 (16.5 oz) roll of sugar cookie dough
- 1 (16 oz) jar of white frosting
- 1 (16 oz) box of strawberries
- 1 pint of blueberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Cutting Board
- Medium-sized pizza pan
- Utensils: Spoon and knife
- Glass Bowl
- Oven pan
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Let it heat up while you prepare your crust.
- Take your parchment paper and tear it to the same size as your medium-sized pizza pan.
- Place your parchment paper on your medium-sized pan and spritz a generous amount of your non-stick cooking spray on the parchment paper.
- Take your cookie dough and press it evenly onto the bottom of the pizza pan, using a rolling pin or your hands to create a flat surface.
- Use your knife to cut a large rectangle out and dispose of the extra dough.
- Bake the crust for 11-15 minutes or until it’s slightly golden. Let it cool on the counter for 30 minutes while you prepare the toppings.
- Wash your strawberries and blueberries, remove the stems, and cut the strawberries into even slices. Place the fruit in your glass bowl. Then, grab your bag of Rocket Pop gummies by Kosmik Brands and take out 14 gummies.
- Heat up your white frosting in the microwave in 10 second increments to soften the icing. Use your spoon to mix it together and evenly coat the frosting over the cooled cookie crust, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Take your blueberries and push them firmly into the icing to create a small rectangle in the top left corner of the cookie crust.
- Place each strawberry slice in a straight line, stacking them slightly on top of one another. This is your first stripe!
- Next, take your Rocket Pop gummies and stick them in a straight line directly below the row of strawberries. Repeat this process until your cookie crust is filled from the top to the bottom with fruits and gummies.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy your delicious and colorful Rocket Pop Pizza!